Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19th, 2010

8
It's amazing to me how when I stop the incessant mental chatter, and actually just see things, I am blown away by how beautiful they are. The trees swaying, the leaves blowing around on the ground, the waves crashing on the shore. The simplest of things have the most profound beauty.  [...] It’s often where you least expect it.                           - Jonathan Mead

My son and I went for a walk last week. Ever since he was little, we always were looking for neat things around us. We used to play a game where we would look for the alphabet in everyday things as we would walk down the street.  "A" could be the frame of a house. The big elm tree outside our house would always pose as "Y".
As my son has gotten older, we still remind each other of what is happening around us: the budding of the trees, the first tulips, the color of the sky. Alot of time we'll take pictures!
*
Today, I'd like to share some of those pictures!
I hope you find some small beauty as you walk through your week.
*
Karen :)
*
*

*
*
*
"We cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind."
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
*


No comments:

Post a Comment